Navigating through a health care system can be difficult, especially for patients with the added stress of a possible cancer diagnosis.
As part of the multidisciplinary team, our Nurse Navigator coordinates effective treatment, communicates regularly with the referring physician and assists the patient every step of the way through the treatment process.
Our Cancer Care Center Navigator:
Provides education and resources on cancer diagnosis, treatment and symptom management
- Coordinates visits with multidisciplinary care team, ensures appointments are kept, and accompanies the patient to appointments if family or friends aren't available
- Advocates for the patient regarding treatment
- Helps identify and utilize appropriate social services and support groups
- Maintains ongoing communication through survivorship
- Helps with applications for financial assistance, if needed, and locates resources for free or reduced-cost medical supplies and prescriptions
For more information about our Nurse Navigator for the Breast Health Center team, call 314.653.5733.