Call 314.953.8100 to schedule a confidential mental health evaluation.
Bipolar Disorder also referred to as manic depression, is a mood disorder that is characterized by periodic episodes of extreme elation or irritability followed by a periodic episode of depressive symptoms.
Symptoms of Bipolar/Manic Depression include:
- Overly inflated self-esteem
- Decreased need for rest and sleep
- Increased distractibility and irritability
- Increased physical agitation
- Excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that may result in painful consequence
- Increased talkativeness
- Excessive "high" or euphoric feelings
- Increased sex drive
- Increased energy level
- Uncharacteristically poor judgment
- Increased denial