Christian Hospital’s latest round in the Just Lose It weight-loss challenge ended on November 20 with the last weigh-in showing 250 participants losing a total of more than 1,800 pounds.
Congratulations to the top winners based on weight-loss percentage:
- Johndolyn Tolbert lost 15.873 percent of her body weight, shedding 30 lbs. during the 12-week challenge
- Kenneth Leppert lost 15.251 percent of his body weight after losing 31.6 lbs.
- Tiffany Walehwa lost 14.008 percent of her body weight losing 25.5 lbs.
Johndolyn Tolbert decided to lose weight after she saw the pictures from her son’s wedding and didn’t like what she saw. She didn't have a goal when she started, but set one with the dietitian at the kick-off. She found that MyFitnessPal.com was a huge help in helping her log everything she ate and to see where she was for the day, caloriewise.
Her advice is to record everything you eat and to make time for yourself. She says, “You must make a commitment and stick with it! You have to make time for yourself -- you are worth it. And you have to make it happen!” Even with her very busy life, that is exactly what she did -- she made it happen.
Kenneth Leppert joined “Just Lose It” because he and his wife Dawn discussed how they were not getting any younger and they needed to do something to get healthy. Dawn had previously participated in “ Just Lose It” and knew Kenneth would love it. With a family history of diabetes, it was time to make a change, and that is exactly what he did.
Tiffany Walehwa had been trying to join “Just Lose It” for a little while, and was on the wait list, but this time she made it in and took total advantage of it. Her goal is to have a healthier lifestyle and she felt the program helped her achieve just that.
Others to recognize who made the Top 10 are:
4. Ethel McNeal lost 14.088 percent of her body weight
5. Susan Croci lost 13.533 percent of her body weight
6. Barb Stenberg lost 13.213 percent of her body weight
7. Johnathan Walls lost 12.958 percent of his body weight
8. Raenice Hall lost 12.260 percent of her body weight
9. Brenda Porter lost 12.084 percent of her body weight
10. Diane Kley lost 11.927 percent of her body weight
Over the last five years, this competition has helped community members lose more than 16,000 lbs., and continues with the next kick-off, scheduled for Saturday, January 17, 2015. You must register by calling 314.747.WELL (9355). (Sorry, walk-ins are not allowed.) There is a $15 entry fee per person.