Helping Others is Your Best Medicine
When you donate your time to support Christian Hospital and Northwest HealthCare, either at one of our facilities or at an event, you’re becoming an important part of our mission to be the best health care resource for our community. We often hear from patients and families how grateful they are for our volunteers’ support.
We are always looking for energetic people to become volunteers. The availability of positions is usually greatest weekdays during business hours. Volunteers should be flexible and willing to do a variety of tasks.
Some of the volunteer positions we offer include:
- Child Development Center volunteers in our day care center
- Emergency Care volunteers to escort patients and their family members in the emergency room; evening hours available
- Gift Shop volunteers to ring sales (retail experience preferred); evening/weekend hours available
- Greeters to assist staff with admissions and escort patients
- Intensive Care Unit volunteers answer phones and file; evening/weekend hours available
Requirements for our volunteers:
- 18 years or older
- TB test
- Annual flu vaccine
- Availability for minimum of four hours a week (for adults)
- Adherence to dress code at all times while on duty:
How to apply:
Applications to volunteer are available in the volunteer office, located in the first floor of the main Christian Hospital building (11133 Dunn Road) or by completing our online volunteer application form.
Christian Hospital and Northwest HealthCare, members of BJC HealthCare, provide world-class medical care to the communities of North County, Greater St. Louis County and Southern Illinois.