Christian Hospital’s latest round in the “Just Lose It” weight-loss challenge ended on April 24, 2014. In attendance at the final weigh-in were 250 participants, who had lost a total of more than 1,700 pounds.
Congratulations to the top winners based on weight-loss percentage:
- Theresa Endsley, who lost 16.713 percent of her body weight, shedding 36 pounds during the 12-week challenge
- Bridget Wesley, who lost 16.407 percent of her body weight after losing 31.6 pounds
- Lisa Wilson, who lost 14.389 of her body weight by dropping 31.8 pounds
Theresa Endsley, our first place winner, joined “Just Lose It” to learn healthier habits and to lose some weight -- and that she did! She heard about the program from her aunt, who had mentioned the challenge to Endsley and Endsley’s mother. Since it sounded like a good program, and because they all wanted to lose weight, the three ladies signed up together.
Endsley believes she lost weight because of the support she received -- not only from her aunt and her mom -- but also from everyone in the program. Having that support system while trying to lose weight helped her quite a bit. She also learned to eat more veggies, drink more water and take more walks. Endsley plans on maintaining her weight loss over the summer by continuing to apply all she learned into her lifestyle.
Bridget Wesley has been in Just Lose It since January of 2012. She joined this time because she wanted to get back in step with her fitness journey. She says that being a part of the “Just Lose It” challenge motivates her to stay focused, thanks to all the support the program provides. She also appreciates the opportunities to be around others who face the same struggles with losing weight and getting healthy. Wesley’s goal was to lose 24 pounds (2 pounds a week), and she exceeded that goal to come in second place in the challenge.
Lisa Wilson really didn’t have a goal when she began the program. She just wanted to lose weight, which she did by eating healthy and exercising. Her fitness regimen included Zumba, kick-boxing and other classes at the YMCA. She also walked on a treadmill for 30-45 minutes at a stretch, which helped lead her to third place.
Rounding out our Top 10 are:
4. Barbara Gains, who lost 13.2.65 percent of her body weight
5. Jessica Welch, who lost 13.183 percent of her body weight
6. Troy Ellis, who lost 12.898 percent of his body weight
7. Margaret Tucker, who lost 12.348 percent of her body weight
8. Patricia Fletcher, who lost 12.275 percent of her body weight
9. Steven Conner, who lost 12.085 percent of his body weight
10. Angela Taylor, who lost 11.403 percent of her body weight
Over the last five years, this friendly competition has helped community members lose more than 17,000 pounds, and it continues with the kick-off of our next “Just Lose It” session, scheduled for Saturday, August 16, 2014.
To participate, you must register by calling 314.747.WELL (314.747.9355) or toll-free 877.747.9355. (Sorry, no walk-ins will be allowed.) There is a $10 entry fee per person. This is a chance for you to take charge of your health with help from your friends at:
- Christian Hospital
- City of Bellefontaine
- City of Florissant
- St. Louis County Parks,
- Community News
- Ferguson Bicycle Shop
- Graham Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Curves in Edwardsville, Illinois