Lee Shields, Volunteer Services Coordinator
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Volunteers Make Amazing Things Happen
Every day, we hear how grateful our patients, staff and visitors are for the time our volunteers donate. In 2014, 422 volunteers donated a total of 62,000 hours.
We are always looking for energetic people willing to commit to a minimum of four hours per week. The availability of positions is usually greatest weekdays during business hours. Volunteers should be flexible and willing to do a variety of tasks.
There’s a volunteer position for just about any interest and talent:
- Child Development Center volunteers assist in our day care center
- Emergency Department volunteers escort patients and their family members in the ED; evening hours available
- Gift Shop volunteers ring sales, so retail experience is preferred, evening/weekend hours available
- Greeters assist staff with admissions and escort patients
- Intensive Care Unit volunteers answer phones and file; evening/weekend hours available
When you volunteer, you can:
- Be part of your community
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Develop and interact with a new social network
- Enhance your resume
- Explore new interests and hobbies
- Feel needed and valued
- Improve your health
- Meet all kinds of people
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Set a good example for your children
- Feel good about yourself!
Requirements of Volunteers
- TB test
- Annual flu vaccine
- Time commitment (4 hours per week for adults)
- Adherence to dress code at all times while on duty:
- Uniform top (Volunteers are provided with a uniform top, compliments of the Christian Hospital Auxiliary.)
- Tan or khaki pants/skirts (natural waistline, not baggy)
- Comfortable walking shoes
How to Apply
Applications are available in the volunteer office (first floor of the main Hospital tower).
We’ll review your application, check your references and, if you are over 18, complete a criminal background check. We’ll also call you for an interview.