We welcome you to Christian Hospital and look forward to the privilege of serving you. Our physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers are dedicated to making your experience here everything it should be. What follows are answers to some frequently asked questions designed to prepare you for your stay with us.
For more detailed information, please review our Patient Family Guide to Services >
and our Outpatient Surgery Guide >
What should I bring (or NOT bring) to the hospital?
- Bring your medications in their original labeled containers
- Bring current insurance card(s), including Medicare and Medicaid
- Bring a valid picture ID (driver's license, passport or other identification with your photo)
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home
- Leave luggage and other personal belongings in your car
- Bring a case so you can remove your contact lenses or glasses
- Bring/wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing if you are having surgery
- Have someone available to drive you home after your procedure or overnight stay
Where do I register or check-in?
- In most cases, you will be given specific instructions when you make your appointment.
- Please pre-register for scheduled procedures, as this will allow you to save time on the day of your visit.
Please review our Notice of Privacy Practices >
How will I know when I can return home?
- Your doctor and nurse will determine when you can go home. They will give you as much notice as possible so you can prepare.
How do I qualify for financial assistance?
Read about our financial assistance programs >
Who can help if I have a problem with my care?
- There is nothing more important to us than quality care and patient satisfaction. Should you have a problem, always feel free to talk to your nurse, or ask for the nurse manager.
Our Service Excellence Manager is also available to see you and address any concerns; just call 314.653.5000.
For more information on patient rights and advocacy: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services 573.751.6400 or 800.392.0210