At Christian Hospital, we provide compassionate palliative care delivered by a dedicated and caring team. Our multidisciplinary team includes a doctor, nurse practitioner, social worker and chaplain who have experience in caring for people struggling with serious illness. Palliative care is focused on improving quality of life, comfort and dignity by treating the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
The palliative care team works closely with your physician and your medical team to provide you with the best care possible. We recognize the unique needs of every patient and ensure each patient receives individualized care tailored to those needs.
Palliative care can help with:
- Pain and symptoms associated with serious illness
- Difficult medical decisions
- Nutritional problems caused by progressive illness
- Communication with your family and health care team
- Problems related to emotional and spiritual issues
- Planning for care after you leave the hospital
If you believe palliative care could help you or a loved one, talk to your hospital physician or nurse. A physician’s order is needed.
Christian Hospital and Northwest HealthCare, members of BJC HealthCare, provide world-class medical care to the communities of North County, Greater St. Louis County and Southern Illinois.