Navigating through a complex healthcare system can be difficult, especially for patients with the added stress of a possible cancer diagnosis. As part of the multidisciplinary team, our Nurse Navigators coordinate effective treatment, communicate regularly with the referring physician and assist the patient every step of the way through the treatment process.
Our Breast Health Center Navigators:
- Provide education and resources on cancer diagnosis, treatment and symptom management
- Coordinate visits with multidisciplinary care team, ensure appointments are kept, and accompany to appointments if no family or friends are available
- Advocate for your wishes regarding treatment
- Help identify and utilize appropriate social services and support groups
- Maintain ongoing communication through survivorship
- Help with applications for financial assistance, if needed, and locate resources for free or reduced-cost medical supplies and prescriptions
If you’d like more information about the role of our Nurse Navigators on the Breast Health Center team, please call 314.653.4333.