If you, or someone with you, are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1.
A heart attack occurs when there is a blood clot in the heart muscle that blocks the flow of blood to the heart.
Learn how to avoid a heart attack.
Heart Attack Symptoms may include:
- Severe pressure, fullness, squeezing, pain and/or discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes
- Pain or discomfort that spreads to the shoulders, neck, arms, or jaw
- Chest pain that increases in intensity
- Chest pain that is not relieved by rest or by taking nitroglycerin
- Chest pain that occurs with any/all of the following (additional) symptoms:
- Sweating, cool, clammy skin, and/or paleness
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or fainting
- Unexplained weakness or fatigue
- Rapid or irregular pulse
Heart Attack Treatments may include:
- Intravenous therapy
- Continuous monitoring
- Oxygen therapy
- Pain medication
- Cardiac medication
- Fibrinolytic therapy
- Antithrombin/antiplatelet therapy
For emergencies call 911!
To learn more or to schedule an appointment with a heart specialist, call Christian Hospital at 314.747.9355 or toll-free 877.747.9355 or email us.