Fractures and broken bones occur when more force is applied to the bone than the bone can handle.
Symptoms of Fractures and Broken Bones may include:
- Pain in the injured area
- Swelling in the area
- Obvious deformity in the area
- Difficulty using or moving the injured area
- Warmth, bruising or redness in the injured area
How to Tell If a Bone is Broken?
- You heard a snap, pop or grinding noise during the injury
- The area is swelling, bruising and tender
- It’s painful to move the injured area
- The injured bone looks deformed or pokes through the skin
Diagnosis for Fractures and Broken Bones
Christian Hospital uses the following medical tests to determine whether a bone is broken.
Treatments for Broken Bones and Fractures
Treatment for broken bones depends on the bone that was broken and severity of the break. Some treatment options include medicine, wearing a splint or cast, or surgery.
For information call Christian Hospital at 314.747.9355 or toll-free at 877.747.9355 or email us.