The Surgery Center at Christian Hospital offers the latest surgical treatments for conditions of the neck and spine including spinal stenosis, scoliosis and herniated discs.
Spinal surgery may be considered when all other non-invasive treatments fail. Our team of neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons specialize in complex reconstructive procedures and rehabilitation techniques to help alleviate pain and regain functionality of the neck and spine.
Below are some common spine and neck conditions treated at the Surgery Center.
Neck and Spine
- Degenerative disc disease – changes in the spinal discs that can result in a breakdown of cartilage, an abnormal bulge, or narrowing of the spinal canal
- Herniated disc – the bulging or breaking open of a spinal disc
- Kyphosis – a forward rounding of the upper back
- Sciatica – pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve from the back down to the buttocks and leg
- Scoliosis – an abnormal curving of the spine
- Spinal stenosis – a narrowing of the spinal column which puts pressure on the spinal cord and causes pain
- Spine deformities
- Spondylolisthesis – bone in the spine slides over the bone below it
- Spine trauma – injury or damage to spinal cord
- Spinal tumors
- Spine disorders
For more information on spinal surgery, call 314.747.9355 or 877.747.9355 or email us.