The Surgery Center at Christian Hospital offers the latest surgical treatments for diseases of the chest including lung cancer, esophageal cancer, GERD, mesothelioma and pleural disease.
What is Thoracic Surgery?
Thoracic surgery is surgery performed on organs and tissues in the chest cavity.
Thoracic surgery is considered to be the last resort when medication and other treatments fail. Surgical techniques include open surgery and minimally invasive surgery including the da Vinci robotic surgical system. Below are some common chest conditions treated at the Surgery Center.
Our thoracic surgeons treat the following diseases:
- Lung cancer
- Benign diseases and tumors of the lung
- Chest reconstruction
- Esophageal cancer/reconstruction
- Benign esophageal diseases
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Mediastinal tumors and diseases (myasthenia gravis)
- Pleural diseases
- Sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Tracheal resection or stent insertion for airway narrowing
For more information on spinal surgery, call 314.747.9355 or 877.747.9355 or email us.