Inclusion Diversity Equity Advocacy/Ally (IDEA) Team
The mission of the IDEA Team is to provide our staff with the tools they need to deliver safe, patient-centered, family focused, and culturally competent care. We are focused on creating and sustaining an equitable and inclusive environment that benefits us all as part of the Christian Hospital community. To achieve this, the IDEA Team, will:
- Identify staff communication and education platforms to emphasize the relational value of Cultural Competence and Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI) to patient care and service
- Enhance equitable accountability for CCDI across leadership to leverage influence and resources
- Help to establish systems to measure the effectiveness and/or impact of services and programs that ensure quality patient centered care across all groups, and the recruitment and retention of diverse, high performing staff
- Work in conjunction with the Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) to develop a community engagement plan that documents all activities, events and promotions that supports alliances and intentional relationships across diverse community groups.
Benefits and Objectives
For Christian Hospital:
- Provide an effective mechanism for receiving and responding to consumer input.
- Result in more efficient planning to ensure that services really meet consumer needs and priorities.
- Lead to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Promote respectful, effective partnerships between patients, families and clinicians.
- Transform the culture toward patient-centered care.
- Develop programs and policies that are relevant to patient’s and families’ needs.
- Strengthen community relations.
- Recognize that collaboration with their providers through patient-centered care leads to better self-management of chronic conditions and improved adherence to medication regimens.
For Patients and Families:
- Gain a better understanding of the healthcare system.
- Appreciate being listened to and having their opinions valued.
- Become advocates for the patient and family-centered healthcare in their community.
- Understand how to become an active participant in their own healthcare.
- Develop close relationships with other members on the council.
- Provide an opportunity to learn new skills (facilitating groups, listening skills, telling their story).
IDEA Team Lead
Meetings occur every other Thursday from 2 pm – 3 pm at Christian Hospital.
- One Decision-making meeting per month
- One Updates and Brainstorming meeting per month
Email [email protected]