The Christian Hospital Foundation creates opportunities for individuals and organizations to provide vital support that directly improves the health and wellness of our community. From raising money to add innovative treatments and equipment, to supporting health and wellness events, the foundation is committed to supporting
Community Outreach & Benefit Programs
Each year, Christian Hospital provides hundreds of wellness programs, health screenings and educational opportunities, many of which are made possible through funds raised by the foundation. Some of these include:
- Helping thousands stay healthy with Just Lose It weight loss program; Heart Fair; Hats Off for Women (women’s health issues); head, neck and skin cancer screenings; orthopedic services fair; cancer awareness program and screening mammograms.
- Production of informational brochures covering topics such as heart disease, cancer and orthopedics.
- Events such as Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life and the American Heart Association Heart Walk.
- In 2015, the foundation supported these events by giving over $250,000 back to our community.
Other efforts include more direct fundraising campaigns, typically for a specific piece of equipment to support a new or innovative treatment. One recent example is the $1.4 million hybrid room, which combines the sterile environment of an operating room with a Cardiac Catheterization Lab. Campaigns like this are a direct result of the financial support from generous community donors and Christian Hospital team members.
Our Board and Staff
2017 Christian Hospital Foundation Board Members
- Jackie Bode, Foundation executive director
- Dan Boyle, Boyle Law Firm
- Joshua Jensen, II, MD; chief of surgery at Christian Hospital
- David Malone, Retirement Solutions, LLC
- Lori Miller, Express Scripts
- Dave Otto, vice chair; Handyman Hardware
- Rick Stevens, Christian Hospital president
- Jimmy Williams, Estel Foods, Inc.
- Don Zykan, chair; Progressive Waste Solutions, volunteer
- Millie Hancock, auxiliary representative*
- Brian Hokamp, Christian Hospital, Chief of EMS*
- Bishop Courtney Jones, Pleasant Grove Baptist Church*
- Ellen Lutzow, The Lutzow Law Firm, LLC*
- Chandan Mahanta, Community Member*
- Sue Shine, Community Member*
*New board member
Christian Hospital Foundation Staff
- Jackie Bode, Executive Director
- Kamille Pope, Development Coordinator
- Mindy Copp, Development Coordinator
Our newsletter is created with the intent to share our information so that you are equipped with the knowledge to make an informed decision about supporting the Foundation. Your support and continued passion for our mission is deeply appreciated.
Fall 2016 Issue
April 2016 Issue
Christian Hospital and Northwest HealthCare, members of BJC HealthCare, provide world-class medical care to the communities of North County, Greater St. Louis County and Southern Illinois.